New call to apply for the Work and Holiday Visa for Spaniards who wish to study and work for a season in Australia.
Would you like to travel to Australia to live for a season in this Antipodal destination? Would you like to know how you can work and study in Australia? Do you know the Work and Holiday visa? Below we give you all the keys about how to apply for the Work and Holiday Visa to travel and work in Australia.
The Work and Holiday Visa is a permit to work and study in Australia for a period of up to 12 months . This visa is issued annually by the Australian Government so that young Spaniards can access a permit to travel and work in this destination.
The deadline to apply for this visa begins in July , and for this year 2020 , 3,400 visas are available for young people up to 31 years old.
These visas will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, so if you are interested in applying for the Work and Holiday Visa for Australia this year, don’t waste much time doing the process.
Let’s take a closer look at what the Work and Holiday Visa for Australia consists of.
What is the Work and Holiday Visa Australia
For Spaniards, and other nationalities, it is difficult to get a visa to work in Australia .
In September 2014, the Work & Holiday Visa agreement between Spain and Australia was signed in order to offer a visa to young people from both countries who want to study and work in Australia, or vice versa, for a maximum period of 1 year.
A visa that has the objective of promoting cultural and human exchanges between both countries. This has been possible through a unilateral agreement that the Spanish authorities have carried out with the Australian authorities after several years of negotiations.
Conditions to apply for the Work and Holiday Visa 2019 for Spanish
There are several conditions when applying for this visa to work in Australia. Among them are the following:
- There are 3,400 visas for Spaniards.
- The visa allows you to travel and work in Australia for a year (12 months).
- It is a temporary multiple entry visa .
- You can only get a visa once in your life . If you have been selected in any of the previous calls, you will not be able to request it again.
- A maximum of 4 months can be studied .
- You can work for a maximum of 12 months . You cannot work with the same employer for more than 6 months unless authorized by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- Show commitment to return to Spain once the Work and Holiday Visa term has ended.
Requirements to obtain the Work and Holiday Visa
These are the requirements to obtain a Work and Holiday Visa for Australia :
- Be Spanish or have a valid passport.
- Be over 18 years of age and not exceed the age of 31 at the time of application.
- Not have participated in the program in previous years.
- Having enough money to keep you in Australia . Currently they are asking to have at least 5,000 AUD.
- Be in possession of a round trip ticket or have funds to buy it. [ Learn how to find the cheapest flights ]
- Pay the application fee for the Work and Holiday Visa. The cost of the visa is currently around 485 AUD (approximately € 298.47).
- Have a good level of English to defend yourself in the country. [ Try this natural method to learn English for free ]
- Have completed two full years of higher education.
- Meet the health requirements.
- Have medical insurance covering hospitalization cases throughout your stay in Australia, in accordance with
- Australian law. [ Here you can get insurance with a 5% discount ]
- Have no criminal record .
- Not having a dependent child in your care during your stay in Australia.
- Have a letter of support issued by the General Secretariat for Immigration and Emigration of the Ministry of
- Employment and Social Security.
- It must be declared that the trip is tourist or to acquire personal or professional experience.